Thursday, July 26, 2012

Color Me Rad

Have you ever had blue boogers? I have!

Last Saturday, my friend Lindsay and I ran in my first 5K. Lindsay is a super-athlete, so three miles was nothing for her. She doesn't even run and still made it look easy. I had secretly been running for a few months to at least semi-prepare (read: not have to walk).

If you've never done a race, I definitely recommend starting with something like Color Me Rad for several reasons:

1) They don't even time you. There's no watch, clock, stopwatch, hourglass, or sun dial. They seriously don't care about time.

2) It's for charity. Part of the race proceeds went to the Special Olympics. A really neat component of this race was the fact that a Special Olympic athlete led each heat! So cool!

3) It's incredibly fun and not boring. You are always looking forward to the next "color station" where volunteers bombard you with colored cornstarch. Then you end up looking like this:


Thank you, Lindsay, for buying this picture so I could steal it from Facebook.

I'd always wondered what I'd look like as a Smurf with a mustache, and now I know.








No comments:

Post a Comment