Sunday, December 22, 2013

Why did I do it?

I admit that I can be rather impulsive. 

My decision to chop off twelve inches of hair, however, has been a loooooooooooong time coming. When I cut my hair a few months before my wedding in 2010, I regretted it and decided to grow it out until I was 25. 

My 25th birthday came and went this past September...I pinned pictures of Katie Holmes's cute bobs on Pinterest and found myself looking at other women's hairstyles in church when I was supposed to be listening to the sermon. 

But I couldn't quite decide if I wanted to take the plunge. 

Then, I thought, What's the worst thing that could happen? I don't like it and I grow it out again.

So, after getting a referral to an amazing hair stylist from my friend Emily, I went from this: 

Displaying photo 1.JPG


To this: 


Displaying photo 2.JPG



I love that I can't hide behind my hair anymore. I feel more confident, like people see me and look me in the eye. 

Displaying photo 3.JPG






I haven't regretted cutting it, not for one second. Here are the pros: 

1) Even on a "bad" hair day, a messy pixie looks better than a greasy ponytail. 

2) In the winter, I never have to go out with wet hair. With my long hair, I sometimes was forced to go to work with it wet because I didn't have 45 minutes to dry it and then style it. 

3) I don't look like I'm 12 (you think I'm joking? Scroll up and look at me with braided pigtails). The short hair makes me feel more sophisticated and grown up. 

4) It's easier to change up. I'm getting a trim in a few weeks, and I can play around with the style and color a little bit. I'm thinking of doing a fun wine red streak in the front, because, why not?

5) I actually WANT to fix my hair and style it. My long hair was just SO thick and SO...much...and literally the ONLY thing I do is blowdry it and put some clay in it. Presto! Good to go! 



The only real downside so far is that I wake up with crazy hair and have to run a damp brush or straightener through it. But that's no big deal. Better than waking up with huge rat's nests, like I used to!


Don't you want a fun, short haircut now, too?! 

Displaying photo 4.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment