Saturday, June 1, 2013

I WILL Become Organized

Remember how I was talking about simplifying my life this summer?
Well, I have decided my number one project for this summer: create a home management binder.

Yes, there are apps to assist with organization.
Yes, it's kinda old fashioned.

But by golly, if I'm going to survive coaching, grad school, and teaching this fall (please, Lord Jesus, give my sweet husband patience to deal with me), I need to stop flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm going to be painfully honest here: I am not organized.
I try super hard, so some people think I am. I can organize one event, like a party or grad school application. I can "color-code-Excel-spreadsheet-post-it-note" those bad boys.

But I cannot seem to oragnize my life.

Like, I'll put some things in my phone calendar and others in my written planner and then forget where I wrote down "volleyball tournament" and where I wrote down "so-and-so's birthday." And then when the two coincide and I have to skip one, I feel awful.

Or, I'll cook dinner one or two nights a week, but have to get really creative to just use whatever's in the house, instead of planning things out ahead of time.

While looking for home management binder worksheets (so many cute ones on Pinterest, y'all), I stumbled across this verse (or, God threw it straight into my path so I'd trip over it):

"Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind."
-Proverbs 21:5


Planning takes more time up front.
But it would save me a heck of a lot of time in the future.


So, step one: buy a binder, plastic sheet covers, and tabs.
Step two: find amazing printables for grocery shopping, bill paying/budgeting, and cleaning.  
Step three: print printables and put into binder.

Goal: have step three complete by June 17th!

Do you have a home management binder? If so, how is it organized (especially if your Myers-Briggs type is INFP or ENFP)?

No comments:

Post a Comment