Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm 24

Birthdays are a bigger deal to me than I let on. I really like when people remember them, but I try not to sound like an attention hog by counting down to my birthday on Facebook or reminding my friends of it.

That's why I was especially blessed this year when my bestie, Ashley, took me to lunch and shopping! And my friends threw me a surprise party (super well organized, may I add...bahaha). And my parents came to watch me coach the night of my birthday.

Thank you, all, for the love. I am lucky to have such caring and wonderful friends.

All that being said...I really hated turning 24. I know, I know- it's SO YOUNG. But, man, is it really unexciting. It's a few years out of college. It's not old enough to really sound "adult" to me. It just feels like a "blah" age. I can't even rent a car on my own (at some rental companies, anyway).

"24" is a great TV show, though. So I guess that's some consolation.

Speaking of great TV shows...anyone watching "Breaking Amish"?!


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!
    I turned 25 in July...we really did nothing because we had about 0 money in the bank...and funnily enough I'm really looking forward to my 26th more then I did my 25th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just feel like I'm at a weird, in-between age. Here's to the mid-twenties!

      Delete