Saturday, September 7, 2013

Summer's Over

And just like that, summer is over, and it almost feels as if it were never here. Vacation Bible School in June is a foggy, distant memory. The 10 days in Texas with mom and sister is a blurry dream. Volleyball started on August 5th, but I feel like I've been practicing these girls for months and months and months.

People always used to tell me that the older I got, the faster time flew. I never believed them until recently. Like, for example...I'm almost 25 years old. This is a monumental age in my life for two reasons:

1) My mom had me when she was 25, so for as long as I can remember 25 is "the age to start having kids." And obviously, Randy and I are not at that place yet. Most of the time, that doesn't bother me. Sometimes, though, I have mini-panic attacks where I think, "OMG OMG OMG, I'm 25 and we're not having kids yet. I'm going to be an old mom." Which isn't even true and is completely illogical. But sometimes I think that.

And secretly, I'm kind of grateful my little sister and her husband are having a baby first...I'll have a sweet, squishy niece or nephew to practice on come January :) 

2) I am going to cut my hair. I forget how it started...I think Randy kind of dared me not to cut my hair until I was 25, or maybe I decided to be stubborn and not cut it until I was 25. Either way, the weekend of my 25th birthday, I am free to cut it.

I'll be sure to post pictures, because I'm thinking about doing something very drastic and fun.

Because how else will I celebrate turning 25 later this month? Grading more papers? Having my girls run an extra suicide?

Summer flew by, and 25 years flew by, and I've never been more grateful that my life is exactly the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment